SENIOR JAVA ENGINEER (TEAM LEADER)
TAS Group is searching a DBA / system engineer to be part of the Digital Software Factory Department.
As a member of the team you'll work with talented developers and Italian and international customers. You will be based in the Bologna offices, with some short periods at customers' sites in Italy or abroad.
Part of your interview will be in English and will include a technical knowledge written assessment test.
The main responsibilities for this job are:
- Managing database servers, in both standalone and HA configuration. The primary platform will be Oracle, with secondary setups on MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Provisioning and maintaining the systems and platforms used for production, QA and testing, with regard to Operating System and Middleware.
- Provisioning, configuration and optimization of the systems for both Cloud & on-premise environments.
- Verifying the completeness and quality of the software packages before release.
- Supporting the developers in integrating the software with the middleware and system layers. Providing guidance to the customer's IT and to the company delivery engineers in the installation and management of the company software.
- Defining sizing and designing system architectures for the company products deployments. Providing on-call support for production sites.
- Experience with Oracle database on RAC and non-RAC setup in production environments and its tooling: backup, recovery, replication, performance optimization, SQL tuning
- Ability to perform DBA task on major RDBMS (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, DB2 LUW)
- Experience with Java Application Servers (Websphere, JBoss, Weblogic...) and Messaging Oriented Middleware (Websphere MQ, ActiveMQ, HornetQ...)
- Experience with one or more of the major Cloud Infrastructure providers is a plus: AWS, Azure, Oracle Cloud, etc.
- Fluency in one or more of scripting and automation languages (Shell, Python, Ruby, Ansible, Puppet, Chef) and familiarity with Java EE, C or C++
- Solid grasp of Unix concepts and management practices, in Linux and in the commercial variants
- Degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Fluency in Italian and English.
HOW TO APPLY
If you think that you match most of these requirements, please send an updated CV to email@example.com
TAS S.p.A. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.